Promoting a Safer Church
The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of being abused, is being abused or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from Christ Church’s Safeguarding Officer, Sue Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org; 07812 112190), or our vicar, Margaret Cave (email@example.com; 07740 859958).
Alternatively you can contact Hugh Constant, our Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 7939 9423; 07982 2797213). For urgent matters out of office hours, please ring the safeguarding duty line on 020 3874 6743 – live from 21st September.
If you have immediate concerns about the safety of a child or adult, please contact the Police via 999 and your local authority Children or Adults Services Department.
- Promoting a safer environment
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141